Letter from our Pastor
06-21-2020Pastor's LetterFr. Paul
We are happy to report that first weekend resuming public Masses at our church went very well. Please note the continuing changes and requirements:
- New Sunday Mass Schedule: Saturday 5:00pm; Sunday 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm and 5:00pm. The weekday Mass Schedule will remain the same.
- Seating is limited per safety guidelines. Seats will be available on a first come first serve basis.
- Entrance to the church on Sunday is restricted to the front door and elevator only. Side doors are for exiting.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the church.
- For weekend Masses seating will be assigned by ushers as people arrive to ensure proper social distancing.
- Parishioners may not congregate before or after Mass inside the church. Outside the church proper social distancing must be observed.
- Those who are most vulnerable due to age or health are encouraged to stay home. Such individuals are welcome to visit the church during the week for private prayer. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass continues to be dispensed by Bishop Checchio.
- Those who are sick or symptomatic must stay home.
- More information and directives will be forthcoming regarding our religious education program and all other parish ministries, groups, and activities as they are permitted by the diocese.
- The Eucharistic Adoration Chapel will remain closed until further notice, however, Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will now take place in the church. During the celebration of Sunday Masses Perpetual Adoration will be suspended Sunday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm. Eucharistic Adoration via livestream will continue.
Please watch the Diocese of Metuchen website www.diometuchen.org and our own parish website for future updates. We thank all our first responders and frontline workers who continue to serve the needs of the community, and we ask that you continue to pray for the healing and comfort for all those affected by COVID-19.
Fr. PaulBACK TO LIST